Larkspurs

• 3 Replies

Daisy

Larkspurs
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »
I am now allowed to sit for short periods at the table on the back patio. This is my view.

All of the larkspurs are self sown. I am glad I didn't pull them out earlier, for the sake of tidyness.
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Charithea

Re: Larkspurs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »
Hello Daisy I am glad you are now able to view your garden. It looks lovely , enjoy it.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:45:57 AM »
As always, your garden is fantastic and a great inspiration. Good to hear that you are on the way to recovery. Look after yourself and, as you are allowed to go ever further into your garden, keep us posted so that we can rediscover it along with you. Thanks for the hours of pleasure you have given me and others over the last few years looking at the photos of your marvellous garden :)
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Daisy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
The larkspurs have amazed me with their fecundity. There are MASSES of seedlings coming up. I took two trays of seedlings that I had potted up to a quiz night last night. Luckily, people were happy to take them home.
My team also won the quiz!!!
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS