Coronilla valentina

• 1 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Coronilla valentina
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:19:15 AM »
Here is a shrub well worth growing. Mine has been in flower for weeks now providing a welcome splash of colour. It is not fussy as to soil, mine is in a very poor stony position and has steadily increased in size each year. It receives very little moisture being under the canopy of a spreading fig but copes magnificently.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Coronilla valentina
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:54:46 PM »
I quite agree.

My sole plant is still in its pot, well rooted through now since it has been stood on the same patch of 'nursery bed' for three years. I wonder what I will find by way of roots when I finally come to move it. Like yours, it has steadily expanded and is now quite substantial. It produces a lot of seed, but as yet no seedlings.
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England