Nurseries in and around Athens

• 4 Replies

KatG

• Email
Nurseries in and around Athens
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »
Does anyone have the address of Chrysanthi Paragiou's nursery in Penteli, or any others on the north-east side of Athens.

Katerina Georgi. Interior designer and Garden designer. Has lived, worked and gardened in the southern Peloponnese for the last 26 years. MGS member and head of MGS Peloponnese Branch.

JTh

• Email
Re: Nurseries in and around Athens
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »
I found this on Vrisko.gr

ΦΥΤΩΡΙΟ ΝΕΑΣ ΠΕΝΤΕΛΗΣ (Παραγυιού Χρυσάνθη Χ.)
Φυτώριο
Ασκληπιού 8, Μελίσσια, 15127, ΑΤΤΙΚΗΣ
Phone 2106135962
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

KatG

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »
Thanks a lot Jorun.
Katerina Georgi. Interior designer and Garden designer. Has lived, worked and gardened in the southern Peloponnese for the last 26 years. MGS member and head of MGS Peloponnese Branch.

Fleur Pavlidis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
You might like to ring Chrysanthi first before you go. When I went a week or so ago the nursery was largely closed because of the cold and wet. It's located in a mountain valley which is cool and damp in the summer but a cold trap in the winter.
You could also try the nursery at the Kaisariani Botanic Garden - open daily till 1 p.m. I believe.
MGS member, Greece. I garden in Attica, Greece and Mt Goulinas (450m) Central Greece

KatG

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 08:48:34 PM »
Thanks Fleur. Unfortunately I didn't make it to Athens because of the horrendous weather. Next time!