MGS giveaway

• 3 Replies

Helen B.

MGS giveaway
« on: January 27, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
Hello friends, I'm moving to a much smaller place and I have to give away my MGS journals. I have 43-35 and 47-78. A little cash to offset the cost of postage would be appreciated, perhaps $5. I'm in Texas but I will ship anywhere. I hate to give them up but we are moving to a small condo with a new baby!
I garden in pots on a balcony in Austin, Texas. I'm very fond of bulbs, esp. crinums which can take the Texas rains. I also grow flowering vines.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: MGS giveaway
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:34:08 PM »
Helen, You might also try putting a note on the MGS Facebook page -

www.facebook.com/mediterraneangardensociety

(always worth looking at, with its cover picture changing every day)
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Caroline

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:44:21 AM »
Hi Helen, I could well be interested.  Why don't you check out how much it would cost to send the journals to New Zealand by slow camel or canoe, and we could take it from there?

Caroline
I am establishing a garden on Waiheke Island, 35 minutes out of Auckland. The site is windy, the clay soil dries out quickly in summer and is like plasticine in winter, but it is still very rewarding. Water is an issue, as we depend on tanks. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas. Caroline

Pia

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 04:57:51 PM »
Hello Helen, I have no. 59 and forward until now, so I would be interested in the numbers you have, before no 59.
If you find out what it will cost to post it to Denmark, I could be interested.
You can contact me on my email: piavogn@hotmail.com
best regards
Pia
Living in Denmark and part time growing olives in the coastal Peloponnese, near Kiveri, close to Nafplion. MGS member since 2010.