Olive crop

• 18 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Olive crop
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 08:12:39 AM »
An interesting warning John, I recently decided to cut down to the ground the two large Oleanders in my small town garden that were heavily infested by scale insects last summer. Had they been in my country garden I would have burnt them but being in town they were carted away to the local "green" tip. I do wonder what will happen to them there though?
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

John J

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »
Olive picking, Cyprus style! ::)
Arrived back from the MGS AGM in Italy late last night, was up the tree early this morning.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Fleur Pavlidis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 05:27:46 PM »
That looks like Thea to me!
MGS member, Greece. I garden in Attica, Greece and Mt Goulinas (450m) Central Greece

John J

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »
It most certainly is, Fleur, I was still trying to recover from getting up at 6 in the morning the previous day to get the taxi from Velletri to Fiumicino, the flights Rome - Athens, Athens - Larnaca and the drive home from there after picking up the car, arriving some time in the middle of the night! :-[
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)