Secret gardens

• 1 Replies

Daisy

Secret gardens
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »
Does anyone have a secret place in their garden?
When I first moved in to my house, I found a tiny, outhouse that had collapsed at the end of the garden. I could have removed all of the stone that had fallen in, but decided instead to rebuild the walls and make it into a secret garden. It is tiny. Just big enough for one seat.
I was sitting on the seat when I took this photo.

If I look up, this is the view I have.

Such a tiny space but great fun to sit in occasionally.
Does anyone else have a secret place in their garden, that is not seen until you are on top of it?
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Trevor Australis

Re: Secret gardens
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:05:19 AM »
How lovely and such a clever idea to rebuild the collapsed walls. I have a broken greenhouse - a neighbours gum tree dropped a huge branch on it years ago and crushed the metal framework at one end. I did what I could but it is still a wreck. I have covered the frame with shade-cloth and another impervious synthetic horticultural cloth and us it as a cold greenhouse to raise seeds. It's where I go everyday to check on things and I get much enjoyment from it, but it lacks the magic and romance of your beautiful hide-away.
M Land. Arch., B. Sp. Ed. Teacher, traveller and usually climate compatible.