My pond again

• 16 Replies

Charithea

Re: My pond again
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 08:51:51 AM »
Hi Pauline, your pond looks great, and so does the view. I think a water lily pond, big or small,looks right in hot countries. It somehow makes the heat feel less intense. Maybe it is the daily flowering water lilies that attract our attention. Our little pond is a source of interest for our 4 year old grand daughter who likes to clean it out and inform the cats that the fish is there to eat the mosquitoes and therefor they must not eat them.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Pauline

Re: My pond again
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 03:50:17 PM »
Daisy - I'm sorry I quite missed your posting - and the question therein. First of all, thank you for your nice comments. I do have Acorus gramineus variegatus, but it's the plant on the far left. The one near the cherub is Phalaris arundinacea 'picta', a plant I've always liked. It's a cooler green than the Acorus. They were both among the group of water plants that I ordered locally - and were apparently sourced in the Netherlands! I've heard about food miles, and now I'm wondering about plant miles.

Thank you too, Charithea. :)

An amateur and a complete novice in mediterranean stuff, attempting to establish a garden in Andros, Cyclades, Greece. We're about 45m above sea level. Steep learning curve? Vertical straight line.