Kniphofia

• 3 Replies

Daisy

Kniphofia
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:05:33 PM »
All of my new plants that I planted during the winter are doing okay to good, but Kniphofia Mango Popsicle is proving to be a little gem.

As soon as one lot of flowers finish, it starts to push up a new lot.
It is in full sun all day, but never flags.
I am very happy with it.
Daisy :)

Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Fermi

• Email
Re: Kniphofia
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
That's certainly a good one, Daisy,
thanks for sharing,
cheers
fermi
Mr F de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia
member of AGS, SRGC, NARGS
working as a physio to support my gardening habit!

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:18:35 AM »
Having become to like Kniphofia in recent years this looks like going on the "wants" list. Although holding its flowers tall, the leaves seem quite delicate if I am correct -(amongst all the other vegetation it is difficult to decide!) whereas some Kniphofia have quite large leaves and make big clumps that need a lot of space. Perhaps you could comment on this Daisy?
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Daisy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
This is the first year for this plant in my garden, but so far, I have nothing but praise for it. It's leaves are neat and grassy. It's blooms, when finished, are replaced quickly. I am hoping it will clump up more than it is at present, but it is early days yet.
Here is a link to the nursery that raised it, which gives more information than my personal experience has yet.
http://www.terranovanurseries.com/growers/kniphofiamangopopsicle-p-298.html
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS