POSTING PHOTOS FROM IPad?

• 21 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Re: POSTING PHOTOS FROM IPad?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »
Having finally managed to download photogene with the help of the very patient assistant in our local "Wind" shop who is always very willing to help morons like me get the best out of their IT equipment, I am now going to attempt to post my first 'photo' from my iPad  - not with a lot of confidence I might add so apologies in advance if I make a right mess of it :)
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 07:36:18 AM »
GOSH! I can hardly believe it - MANY thanks again to Jorun :)
In my efforts to post I forgot to say what the subject of the 'photo is  - the first flower of a newly acquired Narcissus "Central Station"  :) :) :) :)
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

JTh

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »
I'm so glad you managed as well, Carole.
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Jill S

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 08:33:58 PM »
You didn't make a mess of it and it's beautiful. Well done. On to the Irises next, now that your garden is raider proof ?
Member of RHS and MGS. Gardens in Surrey, UK and, whenever I get the chance, on Paros, Greece where the learning curve is not the only thing that's steep.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
Sure thing Jill. I am planning to make this garden very much a scented one as it is small and quite enclosed. I bought an Iris 'Jesse's Song' at the autumn plant fair in Lucca that is supposed to be scented and I cannot wait for it to come into flower. Blackbirds are my greatest nuisance here, I love them but they do make such a mess rootling for food. When they burst into song though I can forgive them for anything.

Alisdair, as far as I can see my attempt at italics did not work - have I missed out a vital step? ???

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »
Oh, what a surprise it seems to have worked. I was worried when the printing remained the same within the brackets before posting .......another mountain climbed :)

Joanna Savage

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
More rain and more opportunity to get to grips with ipad photos. The attached was taken in the garden last summer and looked magnificent at its 6megabytes on the ipad. Now it is resized to less than 250 kb it looks fuzzy and not really worth posting. At least that is how it was in the testing. It is possible that cropping may help to improve the photo. (Another wet day needed to sort that).o

Another aspect. When using Photogene, after resizing and saving to Photo Library, I am now finding the resized saved photo as the latest entry in Camera Roll. I could almost swear that last week it was the final photo in Photo Stream.