Something very odd!

• 1 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Something very odd!
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:14:12 PM »
Has anyone noticed the extraordinary number of times that two topics on the forum have been viewed recently?
Up to now, the most-viewed topic is Cyclamen, which has notched up over 11,000 views.
That's now been overtaken by Plane tree problem (well over 25,000 views - over 150 since lunchtime today), and Papaya Tree (well over 11,000).
The only explanation I can think of is that "trigger words" in the Plane tree problem have been picked up by automated security service internet crawlers and the like, no doubt bringing our forum to the attention of all sorts of worried investigators. That topic does after all include all these: plane problem, dying, invaded, kill, knock down; and in French, menacés, ennemi, armement américain, blessure, résistante , contamination, péri and ravageurs!
But how to explain the huge interest in the papaya? I can't find any obvious triggers in it. So can it be simply that everyone wants to grow pawpaws?
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Re: Something very odd!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
These threads speak to me. I'm wondering about this. I'm not sure how to reply further to this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:00:17 AM by Alisdair »