Campaigns

• 1 Replies

KatG

• Email
Campaigns
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »
I came across this community garden with its protest banner in the El Ribera district of Barcelona.

Organisations such as Avaaz, WWF and Greenpeace regularly harness the support of millions to alter the course of legislation, potential and existing, which adversely affects the environment. The 'Monsanto protection act' and the campaign to ban bee killing pesticides are two examples of their success. Shouldn't the forum have a section where we can share information and raise awareness of these issues?
Katerina Georgi. Interior designer and Garden designer. Has lived, worked and gardened in the southern Peloponnese for the last 26 years. MGS member and head of MGS Peloponnese Branch.

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 12:30:13 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me. Of course, nobody would want to be bombarded with "political" postings but if the postings clearly fell into a "campaigns" section, where all users could clearly see what kind of posting it was before deciding to read it or not, I can't see what the problem would be. :)
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.