Cryptostephanus

• 4 Replies

Heinie

• Email
Cryptostephanus
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »
I posted one of my Cryptostephanus vansonii plants in flower under the bulb section. Is there anybody out there that could help me find seeds or a plant of Cryptostephanus haemanthoides please. I have been trying to find a plant for about two years now with nothing to show yet. I thank you in advance.
Heinie
Cape Town, South Africa
poussion@telkomsa.net

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Cryptostephanus
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »
Heini, As I explained, we are still in the pre-launch phase, so I don't think you'll get any offers soon. It would probably be worth your re-posting your appeal for the Cryptostephanus seed in a couple of months time, when we hope the forum will really be getting under way....
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Heinie

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »
I am bumping this topic because the forum is nicely settled in now.

I am still looking for seeds or a bulb of Cryptostephanus haemanthoides. Is there any member that knows about someone that grows these plants.

Heinie
Cape Town, South Africa
poussion@telkomsa.net

David Bracey

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »
Try "Bulb d`Argence" www.bulbargence.com.  None of your species are listed in his catalogue but he will have a strong network and may just be able to help.  His name is Lauw de Jager
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

Heinie

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
David,

Thank you. I will contact him.
Heinie
Cape Town, South Africa
poussion@telkomsa.net