Cotinus coggygria

• 4 Replies

KatG

• Email
Cotinus coggygria
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
with papaver - lovely accidental partnership.
Katerina Georgi. Interior designer and Garden designer. Has lived, worked and gardened in the southern Peloponnese for the last 26 years. MGS member and head of MGS Peloponnese Branch.

cicerone

Re: Cotinus coggygria
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:37:12 AM »
That is a happy accident!
- Creating a California Native / Mediterranean garden in the San Francisco Fogbelt

Daisy

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »
My Cotinus coggygria Purple Splendour loses it's colour about now. It's leaves fade to a sort of dirty green with purple edges.
Does anyone know if Cotinus Grace holds it's colour better in full sun?
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Trevor Australis

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »
I have both the purple Cotinus and the Cercis FOREST PANSY growing side by side. I was interested to observe them towards the end of Summer. The Cotinus is definitely the better colour at that time.
M Land. Arch., B. Sp. Ed. Teacher, traveller and usually climate compatible.

Daisy

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:03:46 AM »
My cotinus is putting on a lot of new growth at the moment. It's new growth is a lovely, rich colour, but the older leaves are dull green.
It will be interesting to see how long the new leaves hold their colour.
Trevor, one of the few plants I miss from my old garden in Cornwall, is Cercis Forest Pansy. I had a beautiful specimen there, which I loved to bits.
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS