What's happening to my pistachio?

• 2 Replies

hereistay

• Email
What's happening to my pistachio?
« on: July 11, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
Hello!
I have 3 3 years old pistachio's plants!
Two of them have brown stains on leaves.
The other has no stains and is growing up, but one of the plant with stains doesn't seem to grow more.
What could it be?
What can I do?
I made a research on internet and I found that it could be "Alternaria Alternata", a fungus, so I gave some copper.

ps: i live in Italy and these plants have passed their life in a big greenhouse where my father cultivates vegetables.

Aerospace engeneering student with a passion for plants!
I have some hectar of field with grapes and olives (my father cultivates!).
Here we have a lot of vineyards, Tollo and the near city is famous for its wines, "Cantina Tollo" is the brand of my city's wines!

David Bracey

• Email
Re: What's happening to my pistachio?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »
Arebthe 3 plants in the same soil?

In suspect someone has splashed something phytotoxic on your plants.  The damage is very irregular which probably eliminates a deficiency where you would see a regualr pattern.
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

hereistay

• Email
Re: What's happening to my pistachio?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
Arebthe 3 plants in the same soil?

In suspect someone has splashed something phytotoxic on your plants.  The damage is very irregular which probably eliminates a deficiency where you would see a regualr pattern.

Yes, the soil is the same!
I don't know, it is possible that my father used some pesticide on near plants...but I don't think he used fitotossic stuffs!
Aerospace engeneering student with a passion for plants!
I have some hectar of field with grapes and olives (my father cultivates!).
Here we have a lot of vineyards, Tollo and the near city is famous for its wines, "Cantina Tollo" is the brand of my city's wines!