NOW SOLVED: Guess what this is 3

• 55 Replies

John

Re: Gues what this is 3
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
Ok a hint, it's flowers are lacking!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »
Momordica charantia by any chance?
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 09:51:28 PM »
Nope!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:44 AM »
Oh... of course not - I was looking at the wrong picture   :-[
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

JTh

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »
The inside of a fig?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

John

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
Nope!
John

Chantal

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
The "spores" at the reverse of a fern leaf
Chantal Guiraud
Montpellier-France
MGS Seed Coordinator

"The flowers of spring are winter's dreams told in the morning at the table of the angels" (Khalil Gibran)

John

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:45:10 PM »
No sorry you are way out. It is a flowering plant!
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »
The inside of a peach where the stone has been removed?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

david glen

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
John

Tell us,  once and for all.  I can't sleep at night thinking about this !

It looks like a class of lemon , but it couldn't be that obvious, could it?

David
David Glen. MGS member

John

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »
So, you've been following this too! No I won't put you out of your misery yet . That's the point. If it was too easy it wouldn't be much fun! Though I must admit that either Oron be barred from the bulbs or I make that subject more difficult!
Anyway it's much smaller than a lemon and the genus is large in number. OK?
John

John

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:46 PM »
Ho and I missed Jorun's peach suggestion. Nope!
John

John

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
Has everyone given up on this one?
John

oron peri

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.greentours.co.uk/Leader/Oron-Peri/
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »
Could it be P. r.?
Garden Designer, Bulb man, Botanical tours guide.
Living and gardening in Tivon, Lower Galilee region, North Israel.
Min temp 5c Max 42c, around 450mm rain.

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
in case it helps anybody - John took the photo a month ago
Mike