South Australia MGS meeting - new photos

• 4 Replies

Hilary

South Australia MGS meeting - new photos
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:35:38 PM »
Alisdair,
I love the new photos on the MGS website.
Were they taken at Sparosa?
Hilary
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: South Australia MGS meeting - new photos
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »
I'm really glad you like them, Hilary - as it was me who took them!
In fact they were all taken in South Australia, during the MGS AGM there last year.
In case you'd like some detail, starting the rotating strips with that tempting garden with the yellow chairs, that's part of Virginia Kennett's lovely garden in Adelaide
Next garden is part of the display garden at David Glenn's Lambley Nursery near Melbourne
Next is Chamaelaucium uncinatum at the wonderful Stokes Bay Bush Garden on Kangaroo Island
Next is Darwinia leiostyla 'Coolamon Pink' at Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne
Next is Thysanotus fractiflexus at Stokes Bay again (it's endemic to Kangaroo Island, but there are other very similar far less rare species of these enchanting Fringe Lilies)
Next is a bit of Sarah and Roger Budarick's imaginatively planted Boat's End garden, on a windy part of the coast not far from Adelaide - I think the plant in the foreground may be Eremophila glauca.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Hilary

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:20:25 AM »
Thanks for the information.
Plenty to read about there
Hilary
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

David Bracey

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
But where are the photos.  ?
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
As Hilary said, they're on the MGS website - the strip of changing photos at the top of its home page.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society