New products

• 3 Replies

ritamax

New products
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »
Here's an article from Costa Blanca News written by Lorraine Cavanagh (landscape gardener, garden center owner in Spain, writer) telling about new water retentive products, which have been successful in field trials in Dubai, Kuwait and other countries. She introduces three products: 1.BIO HUMUS, which is applied once only and is supposed to be beneficial in dry, nutrient poor, even saline soils. It is a substrate composed of 90% organic material and 10% natural silicates, enhances the root growth; 2.HUMATE EXTRACT, a 100% organic liquid concentrate derived from Bio Humus. It stimulates beneficial fungi and root growth. Can be applied both to new and established plantings; 3.MYCOR GLOMUS, 100% organic material in a powder form based on six strains of fungi. Increases root growth, reduces watering and feeding requirements.
Hobbygardener (MGS member) with a rooftop garden in Basel and a garden on heavy clay with sand 600m from seaside in Costa Blanca South (precipitation 300mm), learning to garden waterwise

David Bracey

• Email
Re: New products
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »
Ritamax, it would be interesting to see the protocol for the trials as well as the results.  Where``s the evidence!!
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

ritamax

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
I know as much as you now, if you read the article. I know Lorraine Cavanagh's article series in Costa Blanca News and her book on mediterranean plants. She has a popular garden center in Costa del Sol and has a very good reputation in Spain. She is taking questions by e-mail concerning gardening for the articles, so I will send her an e-mail, perhaps we will get some more information.   
Hobbygardener (MGS member) with a rooftop garden in Basel and a garden on heavy clay with sand 600m from seaside in Costa Blanca South (precipitation 300mm), learning to garden waterwise

ritamax

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »
Getting back to this issue about new water retentive products, as Lorraine Cavanagh sent me a link about them. You can read about the company and the products on the producer`s web site www.zandercorporation.com, if you click AgriZan products on the left, then click products, you will see on the bottom of the page "download technical and case study guide". That is a large brochure about the products and the studies made with them. Lorraine Cavanagh will be attending Homes, Gardens and Lifestyle Show in Torremolinos, Costa del Sol 27-28 April, where she is setting up a garden and the similar show in Algorfa 29-30 May, where she is presenting her new book and answering gardening questions. She can be contacted through her nursery web site www.viverosflorena.com, where you can also read an article about these products and neem oil, which she is using a lot.