New homes for Souvenir de la Malmaison

• 1 Replies

Daisy

New homes for Souvenir de la Malmaison
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
Well. I decided not to keep my climbing and bush forms of rose Souvenir de la Malmasion.
They made plenty of growth, but  did not flower as much as I hoped they would, in a rather shady area of my garden.
I have run out of possible sunnier areas, so thought someone else might be able to give them a good home.
Two local couples decided to take one each.
We decided to hand them over at dinner in a local taverna. We invited some other friends, so it was ten of us that sat down to dinner in Yorgos and Katerina's taverna.
Well, the beer and wine flowed freely. Michaelis, Yorgos and Katerina's son played his lyra and the party got noisier and noisier.
When after seven!!!! hours, the party finally broke up, I don't think anyone was able to understand my care instructions for the roses.
Still, at least they had a good send off. ;D ;D ;D
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: New homes for Souvenir de la Malmaison
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »
What a lovely episode, Daisy!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society