Too much water!

• 3 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Too much water!
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
Not sure if this post should be here or not but I took this 'photo yesterday showing a gravel path submerged after torrential overnight rain. Our water table must be very high after a wet, wet winter - it is the first time I have seen water standing like this. Let's hope it stands us in good stead for the summer.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

JTh

• Email
Re: Too much water!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
If it is any consolation, it's worse here in the north. We had an extremely wet autumn, then a long, cold winter. My greenhouse first turned into a small skating rink, now it is a small (cool) swimming pool above a layer of ice which I hope melts before mid-summer.
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
Not a lot of consolation Jorun and pouring again today. Do be careful not to do youself an injury with that ice under water, sounds highly dangerous to me. Here moss is causing problems very treacherous to walk on especially when sodden as it is now.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

gertrude

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »
If only all that water would stay - our ground is already drying out fast and cracks are appearing as normal for this time of the year.  Did you get my email recently Carol ? Perhaps you could write so that I can re establish our contact.
Pete and Jan retired to le Marche, Italy 20 years ago for a quiet,  sunny life.  Gardening here was a challenge, but we now have a wonderful garden, with an eclectric selection of plants,  including many wild  flowers and orchids of which we are found of.