What is this 54? Now solved!

• 2 Replies

John J

What is this 54? Now solved!
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »
This topic seems to have gone rather quiet of late so I thought perhaps I should kick start it again.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:58:09 PM by Alisdair »
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

KatG

• Email
Re: What is this 54?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »
Calocephalus Brownii?
Katerina Georgi. Interior designer and Garden designer. Has lived, worked and gardened in the southern Peloponnese for the last 26 years. MGS member and head of MGS Peloponnese Branch.

John J

Re: What is this 54?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
Right, although I do believe it is now known as Leucophyta brownii. A nice easy one to get the little grey cells working again. I was hoping to post another one but am having a small glitch. My computer has been ill recently resulting in a spell in intensive care with major surgery and organ transplants. Things I could accomplish in seconds with my old, steam-driven system are proving more difficult under the new regime. Still. I'll persevere and crack it in the end.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)