Serignan plant fair

• 5 Replies

Marilyn

• Waterwise Gardens
    • Email
Serignan plant fair
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »
Hello all,

I am very much hoping to get to the Serignan plant fair this year, any recommendations for must-see gardens (and indeed nurseries) on the way up from Portugal, and places to stay in the area?

Thanks in advance,

Marilyn
I work in hotel and private gardens, promoting sustainable landscape management in the mediterranean climate through the use of diverse, beautiful and appropriate plants. At home, I garden on two balconies containing mostly succulents.

Casalima

Re: Serignan plant fair
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
Marilyn, what a super selection of exhibitors at that plant fair! http://www.plantes-rares.com/?page_id=25
If I win the euromilhões between then and now ... :)
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

David Bracey

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »
Suggest you contact Christine Savage BH for the Languedoc . The MGS willhave a stand at the fair.
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

Marilyn

• Waterwise Gardens
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.

David - I believe Christine is coming to our gathering this weekend so I shall chat her up about it then.

Casa Lima - are you coming down this weekend? Hope to meet you then if so! Ohterwise, another plant fair that has been on my list for yonks is of course the garden show in Ponte de Lima (I am assuming from your username you are not far away from there) - when I get myself up there, it would be great to meet for a chat.
I work in hotel and private gardens, promoting sustainable landscape management in the mediterranean climate through the use of diverse, beautiful and appropriate plants. At home, I garden on two balconies containing mostly succulents.

Casalima

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »
Marilyn - I'm coming down and looking forward to meeting you. I do live in Ponte de Lima, so I think my daughter and I will be having a nice case of culture shock down in the Algarve!

Chloe
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

Marilyn

• Waterwise Gardens
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
Ah! You are Chloe - I remember Rosie mentioning that name; I hadn't put it together that that was you. Great, we can look forward to plenty of horticultural (and just plain cultural) chinwagging, then! :)