Erythrina

• 17 Replies

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Erythrina
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 07:23:04 AM »
Yes John, I think it is the same one.
Confusability arises between E. caffra and E. lysistemon, as explained here - http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantefg/erythrinacaff.htm. That page also gives a good deal of info on other species of Erythrina.

Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 09:59:07 AM »
Thanks, it's something I hadn't got around to looking at. I assume that this is probably the same taken in the Bahai gardens on Mount Carmel in Israel this March. The guide didn't know what species it was. I didn't get a close up so the crop may give a little more detail.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

Hilary

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:21 AM »
More photos of Erythrina.
These were captured one wet, cold, windy April day in the Parque das Nacoes , Lisbon.
Isn't it thrilling to see a tree which you have never seem before?
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care