NOW SOLVED: Guess who this is?

• 37 Replies

John

NOW SOLVED: Guess who this is?
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
Something a bit different! Who is this?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:38:09 PM by Alisdair »
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

John

Re: Guess who this is?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »
No takers, I am somewhat surprised. You could just go through a few members.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:12:56 AM »
Was the photo taken on the MGS trip to Catalanya earlier this year?
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Hilary

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:35:50 AM »
I am still trying to work out what the buildings are in the reflections
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:40:01 AM »
John Joynes?
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

JTh

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:53:54 AM »
I see what you are showing, but I'm not quite sure whose eyes they are, Brian's?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:13:41 PM by JTh »
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

John

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
All no so far but the buildings should be a clue though they are difficult to make out!
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »
I am not sure I've been there
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

John

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »
Yes you have!
John

Hilary

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 03:43:07 AM »
Is that the tip of a minaret over the large building?
MGS member

John

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:48 AM »
Hey hang on! It's guess who it is not where it is!!!!! Mind you I don't think I would have thought of suggesting this as guess where it is.
Answer---- even I might find it difficult to decide what is in the reflection except I do know where it was. Could be.
John

Hilary

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
Since I wasn't there I thought , at least, I would guess where it was
MGS member

John

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
OK go ahead please.
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »
I believe I know where it was taken, but I don't know those glasses, they are not mine

John

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »
Second part correct!
John