NOW SOLVED: Guess what this is 8

• 33 Replies

oron peri

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.greentours.co.uk/Leader/Oron-Peri/
    • Email
Re: Guess what this is 8
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 11:59:48 AM »
It was a bit difficult as it was the inside of the spathe tube and rather like that of Dracunculus vulgaris.

Well, i assume we are going to see some X-rays here soon... ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:23:59 PM by oron peri »
Garden Designer, Bulb man, Botanical tours guide.
Living and gardening in Tivon, Lower Galilee region, North Israel.
Min temp 5c Max 42c, around 450mm rain.

JTh

• Email
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
or a gene sequence
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

John

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
That's a good idea. More to follow!!!!!! By the way Bulbissime there are hairs just visible on the picture but only on the darker stripes and they are short. Still it was a striking colour and pattern.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

John

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »
Hopefully it is more satisfying for everyone if not even the great experts can answer these questions too quickly. I will post the picture of the original plant again which shows the variation in colour from the one posted by Bulbissime.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.