ID'd by Trevor and Oron as Agastache mexicana Sun Kisses, Summercrush Orange

• 4 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
I bought this last week with, as usual, no label. It has aromatic foliage and beautiful orangey/salmon flowers. The leaves are of a grey/green tone. ID please.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:42:30 PM by Alisdair »
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

JTh

• Email
Re: ID please
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 10:31:38 AM »
Looks like a penstemon, but there are many to choose from of these.
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Trevor Australis

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »
Agastache possibly 'mexicana' but there are many new hybrids and several sp getting about. It is a short lived perennial, not especially frost tolerant.
M Land. Arch., B. Sp. Ed. Teacher, traveller and usually climate compatible.

oron peri

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.greentours.co.uk/Leader/Oron-Peri/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »
I agree with Trevor it is Agastache mexicana, CV.  'Sun Kisses, Summercrush Orange'
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:51:38 PM by oron peri »
Garden Designer, Bulb man, Botanical tours guide.
Living and gardening in Tivon, Lower Galilee region, North Israel.
Min temp 5c Max 42c, around 450mm rain.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
Thanks Trevor and Oron, sorry to hear it is shortlived but shall take cuttings to ensure I keep it going and  meanwhile enjoy the lovely plant I bought. I love plants with aromatic leaves and the attractive flowers are bonus. :)
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.