Yellow-flowered succulent ID'd by David Bracey and Trevor as Sedum acre

• 6 Replies

Joanna Savage

This small local succulent grown from pieces collected at about 350 metres in Toscana is an excellent soil stabiliser in a wall made from terracotta pots. Any suggestions ad to what it is? Close up of flower in following posting.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:26:17 AM by Alisdair »

Joanna Savage

Re: ID help for yellow flowered succulent please.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
Close up flowers

David Bracey

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
Sedum acre,I think.
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

Trevor Australis

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »
I think Sedum acre too.
M Land. Arch., B. Sp. Ed. Teacher, traveller and usually climate compatible.

Joanna Savage

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 06:36:56 AM »
Thanks guys.

Umbrian

• Email
Wonderful wall Joanna what an unusual way to use pots!
I remember another use made of them that struck me as well worth trying but have never got round to it......upturned pots of varying sizes sunk into a path to provide an interesting pattern....
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Joanna Savage

Thanks for your comment about the terracotta pot wall Umbrian. I am always looking for ways to stabilise the slope here, and the accumulation of previously used pots has  provided good material for a wall. It is about 1 metre high and two long. The soil is pounded into them and between them and I walk gingerly on them to weed. The weeds are becoming less as the Sedum takes over. We had no frost much last winter so I wait to see if the pots break when it is really cold, but I am hoping that by then the whole thing will be self supporting, breaks or no breaks.