ID'd by Miriam as Ruspolia pseuderanthemoides 'Mini Purple'

• 5 Replies

John J

ID'd by Miriam as Ruspolia pseuderanthemoides 'Mini Purple'
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
I took the photos below this afternoon in a local 'garden centre'. The owner said they came in a consignment from Israel and he wasn't sure what they were called. He gave me 2 names from the manifest that he thought they might be. I wasn't happy with either of them and would like to see what others think. Sorry about the picture quality but I had to take them in a bit of a hurry.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:54:45 PM by Alisdair »
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Miriam

Re: Ident please
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »
It is Ruspolia pseuderanthemoides 'Mini Purple'.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:53:43 PM by Alisdair »
agronomist from Rehovot, Israel

John J

Re: ID'd by Miriam as Ruspolia pseuderanthemoides 'Mini Purple'
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 04:37:15 AM »
Thanks for that, Miriam, this is a new one on me. My own guess was Eranthemum laxiflorum, but I was certain that it was neither a Tibouchina nor a Centradenia, the 2 names the seller gave me.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Explorer

• Wild Flowers of Cyprus
    • Email
Rasponea?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
I bought this shrub a few days ago and thought that I had remembered the name correctly.  However I cannot find it anywhere so must have got it wrong.  Can anyone help please?

John J

Re: Rasponea?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
Miriam identified it for me a short time ago as Ruspolia pseuderanthemoides 'Mini Purple".

Explorer

• Wild Flowers of Cyprus
    • Email
Re: Rasponea?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
Many thanks.