Name the parts!

• 3 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Name the parts!
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:55 AM »
Have been having terrible trouble with internet connections this summer and have a backlog of post Imwant to do.......this is a bit of fun though to start with.
Recently I made an " animal" for the young daughter of some friends who live close by. The spent stalk of some cherry tomatoes gave me the idea and that formed the body. How may other things can you identify - all collected from my garden ( barring the wire used to attach head!)
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Name the parts!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:22:54 AM »
Sorry - and the orange frill is not from the garden.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:27:32 AM »
Looks like a Canna seed pod for the head.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »
Well done David spot on - love the "beak" effect - just perfect.