NOW SOLVED: Guess who this is?

• 37 Replies

Hilary

Re: Guess who this is?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 03:32:37 PM »
Since you were ALL, or so it seems , to have been on Crete last year I am trying to find a large building on Crete. That is why I asked if there was a minaret in the reflection. Still don't remember any large buildings on Crete. Will have to read the MGS journal articles of the AGM  activities last year.
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

John

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
Haha! Well I think I should allow you to continue your research which is I suppose part of the fun of these things. Assuming any of you find it fun or even occasionally educational.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

Hilary

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »
Have decided it must be in Jerusalem but don't know if Jorum was there
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

JTh

• Email
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 08:37:23 PM »
I was there, but I was not the only one!
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

JTh

• Email
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »
John,  is it a self portrait?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

John

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »
I may occasionally wear dark glasses but rarely. They get in the way with a camera! It is not me but it would have been a tricky ruse if I had thought of it!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

JTh

• Email
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
Is it somebody who is active on this Forum?

oron peri

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.greentours.co.uk/Leader/Oron-Peri/
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
Spielberg's E.T.?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:32:03 PM by oron peri »
Garden Designer, Bulb man, Botanical tours guide.
Living and gardening in Tivon, Lower Galilee region, North Israel.
Min temp 5c Max 42c, around 450mm rain.

JTh

• Email
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
No, I saw ET in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah in June, it did not have sunglasses

John

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 08:18:17 PM »
Not sure how I should answer that one!
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »
Is this what he looks like without sunglasses?

John

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »
Actually there is a similarity around the eyes. Otherwise NO!
John

John

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »
Jorun, I think that you know who it is?
John

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:40 AM »
If Jorun's right, so do I - that was a wonderful sight, that I think I've got a mobile phone video of still!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

JTh

• Email
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »
The one to the right, then, Oron?