ID'd by Miriam as Eremophila glabra subsp. albicans

• 2 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
ID'd by Miriam as Eremophila glabra subsp. albicans
« on: April 21, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
This mail could almost as equally have gone into the "plant labelling" thread. It was bought in a nursery where I don't recall seeing any plants labelled but where the prices were low and the woman who served me was exceptionally nice. So, can't complain really. The plant was looking a bit sad but since I repotted it there have been signs of new life. Any ideas what it is? First picture shows leaf and flower, second developing seeds. Even though the plant is small it is very woody.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:02:46 PM by Alisdair »
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Miriam

Re: first of a few requests for help in identification
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »
Looks like Eremophila glabra ssp. albicans,
agronomist from Rehovot, Israel

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: first of a few requests for help in identification
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
Thanks Miriam. Looking at photos on the internet confirms except that mine looks so unhealthy compared to the ones on the internet! Let's hope mine picks up now it has been repotted. Thanks again for your help :)
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.