Blue and white plants ID'd by Caroline as a larkspur (Consolida orientalis)

• 2 Replies

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
They grow (partly self-sown) in a patch of soil round a mulberry tree in Droushia, Cyprus.
These make a wonderful little patch every year. I'd like to imagine a much larger swathe of them...
Please tell me what they are!
Mike
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:18:00 AM by Alisdair »
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

Caroline

Re: It is not coming to me... Please enlighten me!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:37:13 AM »
Looks like larkspur Consolida to me - coincidentally I planted out some seedlings this morning in the hope that the soil is still warm enough to nurture them over the winter.

cheers

Caroline
I am establishing a garden on Waiheke Island, 35 minutes out of Auckland. The site is windy, the clay soil dries out quickly in summer and is like plasticine in winter, but it is still very rewarding. Water is an issue, as we depend on tanks. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas. Caroline

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: It is not coming to me... Please enlighten me!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:50:48 PM »
Caroline,

Thank you so much.
Best of luck with your own plants.

Mike
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England